Sekri Valentin Zerrouk represents distressed companies, management, and creditors in insolvency proceedings.
We assist distressed companies with the following:
- the selection of the procedure that best fits the company’s situation and goals;
- the preparatory phase, including relationships with creditors (banks, government creditors, and suppliers) and the filing of the appropriate documentation, such as a declaration of insolvency (cessation des paiements) or a request for a safeguard procedure (procédure de sauvegarde);
- during the proceedings: managing creditors’ claims, monitoring financial condition, securing supplier support, setting up exit solutions;
- management of relationships with court-appointed insolvency practitioners and commercial courts;
- drafting and negotiation of restructuring plans (safeguard or continuation plans, asset plans) both with creditors and with the court-appointed insolvency practitioners; and
- legal documentation to implement restructuring plans.
When the firm represents a creditor or a contractual counterparty, it provides assistance with:
- preservation of creditor rights (filing claims, recovery actions, continuation of ongoing contracts);
- monitoring the procedure;
- managing relationships with court-appointed insolvency practitioners and commercial courts;
- negotiating restructuring plans both with the debtor and with the court-appointed insolvency practitioners; and
- Representing creditors in court hearings.